Yes, I know that traditional summer has already ended for many of you with an early start to the school year, but my calendar says that officially we have 39 days left. I say we should make the most of every day we have left and stretch the good times.
To be fair, I should admit that I did seek help from our wonderful Facebook Fans when compiling this list. It was tough to narrow it down to only five! Get out your planner and pencil these in before the first day of Fall, September 21st.
5. Enjoy Patoka Lake. Water is the essence of summer and there are so many ways to have fun… enjoy a cruise aboard The Voyager Tour Boat, rent a pontoon boat for the day or spend a few days in a floating cabin, take a picnic and enjoy gazing out at the water or find that fishing pole that is buried in the garage and drop a line in the water. It is not too late to make summer memories at the lake with your family and friends
4. Visit one of Orange County HomeGrown’s Farmers Markets for fresh, locally grown produce, tempting baked goods, and hand made arts & crafts. Garden fresh vegetables are one of summer’s gifts – be sure to enjoy them while they last.
3. One word: GOLF! French Lick Resort offers world class golf and a choice of 4 courses to match your mood and playing ability so just like they say, “There is Something for Everyone.” Hit the links while the sun still hangs high in the sky well into the evening hours or take a personal day and work on your game. Shhhhh!…If you happen to catch the golf flu and need some healthy time on the greens to recover, we promise not to tell. Need some help planning… check out these great packages.
If you are like me, more interested in FUN, with skills that are best suited for miniature golf, join me at the brand new outdoor course at Shotz.
2. Another word: PICNIC. Summer is all about eating outside and soaking in the sunshine. Here are suggestions from our Facebook Fans: First visit Mickie’s, our newest deli, for a lunch packed to go, then proceed to the French Lick Town Green to picnic while watching kids play in the fountain and soak in the sunshine, or turn your picnic into a romantic date with a bottle of wine, a loaf of Pan Bigio Bread and artisan cheeses from French Lick Winery at your favorite private picnic spot to make the most of the warm summer nights while they last.
1. Do nothing! This suggestion from a Facebook Fan stood out above all the rest. I liked this one best because I have a favorite place to do nothing, the front porch of the French Lick Springs Hotel in a rocking chair. It is a versatile activity because I can do nothing there at any time of the day. In the morning I can do nothing with a Starbucks Mocha Latte. In the afternoon, I can do nothing with a scoop of chocolate chip ice cream. Another Facebook Fan preferred doing nothing in a rocking chair on the porch of the West Baden Springs Hotel with a good book. Wherever YOU prefer to do nothing, it is definitely the perfect sometime activity.
So what are YOU planning to do before summer is over?
Just one more thing… be sure to check the Visit French Lick West Baden Events Calendar for upcoming end of summer events!